Pin-trosity! Pork loin & Apples

Desember 27, 2012
Crock-Pot Pork Loin & Apples


I have seen this particular "pin" many many times on Pinterest, and of course I pinned it to try it out. Lets just say, it was not a hit with the family. In fact, if we had a dog, I'm pretty sure the dog wouldn't want it either.

Maybe that was a little extreme. I love being able to taste the favors in my food, and this recipe had none. There was a "lot" of work put into it too--cut the slits, slice the apple, stuff the apple in the pork...cover with cinnamon yada yada yada. I was just really disappointed. It was awfully dry and apple did NOTHING for it. I could taste a little honey and cinnamon around the edges, but that was pushing the limits.

So what would I do differently? Not really sure that much could be done. Seriously.

I took a "pretty" picture before I let it cook....


....but that won't do me any good. I won't post a recipe that I don't approve!

Anyone else try this? Have ANY luck??

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »